ISPA Profile
Experience ISPA

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The ISPA Foundation Scholarship Yields Major Opportunity

In 2008, during my senior year at Arizona State University, I was the recipient of the inaugural Mary Tabacchi Scholarship. At that time I was studying Exercise and Wellness – Health Promotion and also participating in the Spa Management Program through ASU.
 
As the scholarship recipient, I was invited to attend the 2008 ISPA Conference & Expo where I was formally presented to attendees during a General Session. This opportunity allowed me to meet Jean Kolb and Miriam Huntley from the Kohler Waters Spa in Kohler, Wisconsin and Burr Ridge, Illinois. After being introduced to both Jean and Miriam I knew that one day I wanted to be an associate of Kohler Waters Spa.  The three of us kept in touch throughout the years and this past April I received a call that a position at the Burr Ridge location was available. I was offered the position in May 2012 and since then I have been the Assistant Manager for Kohler Waters Spa in Burr Ridge. If I had not been awarded the scholarship and in turn met Jean and Miriam at Conference, I’m not sure I would have had the opportunity to have my current position.

 
The Mary Tabacchi Scholarship is a wonderful opportunity for anyone that has a passion for the spa industry.  It allows you to network with highly experienced spa professionals within the industry and provides you with career opportunities that may not have been available elsewhere.  The knowledge learned through these individuals is endless, and many of the connections I have made continue to be mentors for me as I develop within my career and the industry.

 
Mary Tabacchi herself is an amazing woman and anyone that is fortunate enough to be awarded this scholarship has endless opportunities ahead of them.  This scholarship provides more than can be expressed in words and it’s an experience that you have to see firsthand.  If you are passionate about the industry and your spa career, this is a scholarship that will provide you with the resources you need to get to the next step! 

 
Michelle Bashore – 2008 Mary Tabacchi Scholar
Assistant Manager, Kohler Waters Spa – Burr Ridge, Illinois

www.destinationkohler.com


 
 
To learn more about the 2013 Mary Tabacchi Scholarship or to apply, please visit the

No comments :

Post a Comment